I'm glad they released a non-sticky gel version of Pond's Flawless White in Dewy Rose Gel. No kidding. I've been an unofficial Pond's girl ever since I entered my 3rd year of highschool, influenced by our male economics teacher who swears that Pond's lightened his skin! He even gave us a demo on how to use it. (It was the cream-to-powder finish pa) we were amazed with his before and after pics too that all of us gave in and bought a tube! (See my: Review of Pond's Flawless White Cream). I was so happy when I got a small size of this in my Glamour Box and finally got to try for myself! I've been using this for 2 weeks on a daily basis. Read on for the price, ingredients, and my detailed review.
What? Pond's Flawless White Dewy Rose Gel Review
How much? 149php
Where to buy? Leading drugstores, supermarkets, department stores everywhere!
Ingredients (I bolded the active ingredients)
Glycerin (moisture retainer)
Dimethicone (Silicone for slip)
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen)
Allantoin (Whitening, Healing)
Mica (matte glowy finish)
Rhododendron Extract (rose extract, it's at the bottom of the list so.. meh)
What they promise
Reduce dullness, lighten skin, lighten dark spots, lit from within, soft skin
What I Like
- It's light on the skin! You won't feel like there's heavy cream on so it's perfect for our humid weather
- It really leaves a rosy dewy lit from within glow on your skin once applied. It leaves a radiant dewy pink finish.
- If you're hiyang, Pond's products really work. It will not make you as fair as snow white BUT it will give you that pushyaw maaliwalas hindi dugyot look. LOL
- A little goes a long way, as seen on my hand photo above I only used a pea size to spread out and it's a lot already
- Did you know that it's active ingredient niacinamide also works in reducing and preventing acne? That's why they're so proud when they promise it will reduce acne spots too!
- It's cheap at 149php! Affordable for teens and students alike.
What could be improved
- Meh.. the tub is really unsanitary. Constantly dipping our fingers in the pot would contaminate it to bacteria. It would be great if they also sell this in their regular squeeze-tube packaging
Will I buy again?
Guess what? Yes. I will. This is one of the best whitening creams err gel that I have used in a while. I love the fact that it doesn't feel heavy and I can use it day and night. Tip: I put a heavier layer at night like a "mask"
Personal Side Notes: Hey everyone! I'm so glad I managed to write today. I have 3 post backlogs that I have to finish this week boohoo. Yep, I call these backlogs if they are from someone else like an event I went to, a shopping experience, and something that I really didn't buy from my own pocket. I admit it's one of the perks of being a "top" blogger but it's a double edged sword since we are really required sometimes to finish writing on a specific timeline! That's why I decided to really choose what to review. It must be a product I really like and an event I really enjoyed, or else it's really not worth writing for don't you agree?(REALLY! haha) Oh my I'm blabbing a lot na. I've been sick pa yesterday so all I did was take a rest. Later pala is my son's school play. His first! He'll be playing a mouse in Pied Piper of Hamlin. I'm such a proud mama, I'll be posting pictures of him here too! :)
I hope you're all doing well. I do respond to all disqus comments and questions as soon as I get to sit down on my working computer. As of this moment I'm writing this on my tita's office. I'm headed out to the gym and a spa treatment somewhere that I'll be excited to share to you soon too! Hay! I've got so many kwento pa but I have to say goodbye for now.
Love lots, your kikay guru, Kat