Basic Skin Care Tips for Every Skin Type (and whitening secrets too)
The idea for creating this article on basic skin care tips and what ingredients to look out for when shopping for every skin type (and what to look out for when it comes to whitening ingredients) has been bothering me for MONTHS. Yes fellas, months. I needed enough quiet time, to ponder, sonder, and consolidate all thoughts in my head for me to process and you to digest. I receive a lot of questions like “What’s the best whitening soap for my dry skin” “What’s the best moisturizer for my sensitive skin” “What to use when I have oily skin?”
OH AND FOR EVERY SKINTYPE DO NOT FORGET TO USE SUNBLOCKS. I’LL BE DOING A SEPARATE ENTRY FOR MY FAVORITE SUNBLOCKS SO STAY TUNED. CAPSLOCK PARA INTENSE.
If these questions and more have been bugging you, congratulations! You came to the right place! Don’t forget to bookmark this page and share with your friends as reference. Oh and here’s the thing. There is no such person who has “normal perfect skin”. Diyosa lang ang perfect! LOL. Everyone has their own skin flaws so wear it proud. Take care of it well and use the right skin care products! ^_-
Do You Have Combination Skin?
Taking Care of Combination Skin
- Gentle cleansing products with actives for combination skin that wash of with water.
- Look for active ingredients like AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) or BHA (beta hydroxy acid) for your toners to help unclog pores and lessen oil. Make sure you only use this on your t-zone. I’m in-love with Pixi’s Glow Tonic
- Only put moisturizer where needed. Spot where your dry areas are. Gel types are perfect for your skin. (PS: I have combination skin too!)
- Whitening Ingredients you can use: kojic acid, niacinamide, alpha arbutin, glutathione, licorice, papaya, basically you can use everything. Lucky you!
- Some products I recommend: Since you can use everything, check out my reviews on whitening soaps, lotions, and supplements.
Do You Have Oily Skin?
Taking Care of Oily Skin
- Less is more. Use gentle cleansing products with actives for oily skin. Especially mild gels that wash off with water. Avoid using oil cleansers.
- For toners, you can use ones with AHA, BHA and acids to control oil.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Sometimes our skin compensates our dehydration by producing more oil to keep our skin moisturized
- Use a gel-type moisturizer or sunblock
- Whitening ingredients you can use: kojic acid, niacinamide, alpha arbutin, glutathione, licorice, papaya, basically you can use everything. Lucky you! Oily skins have stronger tolerance to acids.
Do You Have Dry Skin?
Taking Care of Dry Skin
- On cleansing, avoid using soap. It is best to use a moisturizing cleansing milk or soap free gel.
- Use a toner without alcohol after cleansing to close the pores and firm the skin
- Use intense hydration creams
- Whitening products you can use: Niacinamide, alpha arbutin, glutathione, and licorice. Avoid whitening products that have extensive peeling agents or acid as this may make your skin prone to dryness. If possible, take internal glutathione supplements with ALA. ALA or alpha lipoic acid aids in giving additional moisture to the skin internally.
There you go guys! I hope you enjoyed this write-up of mine. Let me know what else you’ll want to see on the blog so I can write about it 🙂 See you soon!