I got fat last weekend, or we all got fat last December. I took my metabolism and active lifestyle for granted. I’ve always been skinny so what the heck right? But I got fat. I GOT FREAKING FAT. This is a lengthy post but it’s worth it! So please read everything! This guide will have everything you need to learn from what to eat and how to work out. Strong. Lean. Fit. Sexy.
Update: I NO LONGER PRACTICE THIS WORKOUT ROUTINE AND MOVED ON TO SOMETHING MORE SIMPLE YET HARDER WHILE THIS IS EFFECTIVE, I NEEDED SOMETHING SIMPLER
Then grabe after the holidays summer beach season na no? Perfect timing! *sarcasm* I decided to build this page as my reference, and also as a guide for everyone (including myself) on the workout programs and diet that has been most effective during my experiments. The initial program is 12 weeks for beginners. Even if I’ve been hitting the gym regularly and consider myself in the middle, I’d like to start from ground zero for this.
Overeating finally took its toll and no matter how I tried to “eat healthy” or get into a diet, my love for sweets got the best of me. It’s not the right or wrong. It all boiled down to discipline. I lack control in that area, and probably most of you who are reading this are too.
I bought a book written by Bret Contreras 2 years ago Strong Curves, it was one of my most beloved fitness book and I learned a hefty amount of information on how to build a great female physique. That sexy curvy lean body that women always wanted to have. Just follow the program consistently and eat with discipline.
Kikaysikat Says: Le blog will be focused on getting ready for summer (and for life!) with how to achieve that summer bikini body, protecting your skin from the sun, makeup looks for summer, spring/summer style and how to stay fair! Disclaimer: I AM NOT A FITNESS/NUTRITION EXPERT. Take this article with a grain of salt as this is personalized for myself and can just serve as your start-up reference.
THE TIMEFRAME – 12 Weeks
Almost all fitness and workout programs take 12 weeks for you to fully see the results. 3 months is not so long right? January, February, March. Perfect timing for beach season.
THE DIET – LEAN GAINS
- Intermittent Fasting – This can be a simple as not eating for a number of hours. It all depends on you. I usually fast for 16 hours and have a feeding period of 8 hours (Feed: 1PM-8PM) (Fast: 8PM-1PM). I just skip breakfast. If you aren’t keen on not eating you can try fasting for 14 or even 12 hours.
- Macro Counting – This is counting your protein, fat, and carbohydrates. You should eat at least 1g/protein per lean body weight. (ex. I weigh 103lbs, I try to eat 70g-80g of protein)
- Carb Cycling – This is eating more carbs less fat during workout days. Eating more fat less carbs during rest days. Protein stays the same.
More information you can read here: http://rippedbody.jp/
THE WORKOUT ROUTINE – STRONG CURVES
More information you can read here: http://www.strongcurves.com/
FITNESS TRACKING APPLICATIONS
- JEFIT – While it takes time grasping, I already set-up until weeks 5-8 and it’s in public. Simply look for “Strong Curves” in the search function.
- MyFitnessPal – To track your calories and macro intake. BE HONEST in inputting what you eat. You only lie to yourselves.
- Best Diet Delivery in Metro Manila – If you’re too lazy to cook your own food
- Metro Manila Gym Reviews – Featuring the best, most popular, and highly accessible gyms in the metro.
I got tired of my current workout program after consistently doing it for more than 6 months. I purchased Nia Shanks 15 Week of Sculpting Muscle program and it looks promising. I always liked Nia’s workouts because they’re made by a woman; for a woman. Good luck to us!
Feel free to ask questions, share your weight loss struggles, leave a comment below!