Ola! That’s “hello” in Spanish. Hahaha! I’m quoting my son macho kid in one of his vlog cameos. Today we’ll be reviewing Vitapack’s 5-in-1 Micellar Water. But before heading to the detailed review below, let’s discuss first how does micellar water work? It’s a lengthy read but trust me you’ll learn a lot!
HOW DOES MICELLAR WATER WORK?
The essential ingredients in any micellar water are:
- Water (obviously) and
- One or more surfactants.
Surfactants are useful molecules with a hydrophilic head that’s attracted to water (and repels oil), and a lipophilic tail that’s attracted to oils and grease (and repels water). – LabMuffin.com
Photo Credit: Labmuffin.com
Or in layman’s term. Surfactants are dirt and oil magnet, but easily slides off with water. That’s what makes it so efficient in cleansing. BUT, micellar water leaves some residue of surfactants on the surface of your skin. Using it too often without cleansing your skin with good ol’ facial wash can cause acne.
HOW TO USE MICELLAR WATER
- Option 1 – Use it at the end of the day to remove your makeup and cleanse skin at once. Then doze off to bed
- Option 2 – Use it at the end of the day to remove your makeup, dirt, and residue. Then cleanse face using a facial wash or soap. This is what I call double cleansing.
I prefer double cleansing in my skincare regimen, then finish it off with my favorite toner, serum, then moisturizer. This is to make sure my skin is free from any unwanted residue. Now. Let’s start reviewing a micellar water that doubles as skincare!
VITAPACK MICELLAR WATER REVIEW
Make sure you watch my video above to see the Vitapack’s Micellar Water in action. I also trashed my hand with lipstick, foundation, concealer, and waterproof eyeliner to see if they can be cleansed using 1 cotton pad. I’ve used other micellar waters before and it wastes me 4-5 cotton pads to effectively remove the gunk on my face.
Besides the surfactant Polyglyceryl and water, Vitapack included skin nourishing ingredients too!
- Aloe Vera – Aloe vera gel contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Additionally, Aloe is used to effectively heal chronic skin problems, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
- Calamansi Extract – Calamansi or Philippine lemon is rich in Vitamin C. Known for its toning and brightening properties.
Ta-da! Yes babe I only used 1 cotton ball on my hand and it removed all traces of makeup. On my video above, it took me 2 cotton balls. Using this saves me cotton balls! Hooray! I love that its fragrance-free and alcohol free too!
- It feels like water
- Works like a makeup remover
- Nourishes your skin like a serum
- Didn’t leave a sticky film feeling (very comfy!)
- I can sleep in it most days
- Safe for sensitive skin!
- Gentle on eyes (pero close your eyes please)
- Leaves face bright and glowy instantly!
Vitapack’s 5-in-1 Micellar Water is perrrrrrfectttt for lazy days when I couldn’t be bothered with doing my usual 5-step routine. (It’s affordable too!)
I'd like to hear your thoughts, please do comment below. If you have feedbacks, suggestions, comments. Basically, it makes my heart fuzzy to know you were here :)-Love, KikaySiKat
Your #1 Resource for Honest Health and Beauty Reviews and Features