I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
Best in late! Again! 🙂 Haha a lot of bloggers have been posting reviews, raves and swatches left and right on Sleek Cosmetics especially their Sleek Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette. That comes in different sets of colors.
I was playing safe and got the Sleek Original Palette instead which includes their best selling shades and the widely used colors like beiges, golds, black, blues, purples, and greens.
The Sleek Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadows have a creamy texture to them. Too bad all colors are shimmery so discreet individuals may steer away from this eyeshadow palette. But a light hand could be a solution to make these gorgeous babies wearable.
|Click Image to Enlarge. Without flash|
Lasting power without using an eyeshadow primer was amazing. Maybe because theyre minerals? I tried mineral eyeshadows before in their powdery form and they last longer than regular eyeshadows. That’s probably because mineral eyeshadows are more pure in pigment and color and has less of those fillers.
|Click Image to Enlarge. With Flash.|
What I like about this product:
- The size of the palette and the amount of product you get with each color. Sulit sulit! 🙂
- It’s CHEAPO! A palette costs around 450php (roughly 10USD)
- Long lasting and high pigmented! Can compete with high-end brands yup yup yup
- Has a wide useable mirror so application would be easy and breezy
- It’s so creamy that they can be double used as colored eyeliners and they last uber long too
|Click Image to Enlarge. Swatches wiithout flash.|
What I dont like about this product:
- Oh oh.. watch out for some fall outs during application. Whether using a brush, a sponge tip, or fingers. it doesnt seem to be “finely packed” that it keeps on having some fallouts
- All glitter all shimmer. I hope they included matte eyeshadows as well
|Click image to enlarge. Swatches with flash.|
Who will I recommend this to:
- Girls who want to play with eyeshadows but are on a budget. These are a bang for your buck and it’s sure as safer than risking your eyes in using eyeshadows bought in bangketa.
- Young ladies who can risk going out with an all shimmer look
- Old ladies who are brave enough to wear these kinds of shades. HAHA
- What I’m trying to say is that.. this palette is so shimmery!!!! I cant get over it. 😛
Will I buy again?
Not the same palette that’s for sure. If they release a palette full of mattes or pearls that would be a GO GO GO!
Tips and Tricks:
- Prevent nasty fall outs especially when using dark shadow by applying a layer of loose powder under your eyes.
- A fan brush would be handy in dusting off the fallouts
- No primer? A pearl cream would do! I saw a lot of makeup artists do this. You can also checkout this DIY on How to Make Your Own Eyeshadow Primer
- Don’t rub or tug your eyes when removing eyemakeup. Best is gently massage an oil and then wipe of with wipes or tissue. Sunflower or Grapeseed oil is best for eyes as they can double serve as a wrinkle and eyebag remover
- I purchase my SLEEK items at Updated Trends