I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
I received loads of NYX products last month right after their re-launch at SM Megamall. I’ll review some of them and since its the season of giving, I’ll be giving away some of them too this December so follow me on my social media accounts to stay updated. The NYX Ombre Blush intrigued a lot of you, and me because it has a gradient of 2 shades. Okay the truth? IT’S SO DARN PRETTY TO LOOK AT! But how does it fare?
Continue reading my full review on NYX Ombre Blush in Ista Flame with bonus swatches of the other colors!
Treat your cheeks to a radiant flush of color with our Ombré Blush, a new gradient blush inspired by the ombré trend. This must-have formula features two silky colors blended into one perfectly coordinated shade combo. (It’s like they were meant for each other.)
NYX OMBRE BLUSH in ISTA FLAME REVIEW
- Packaging – It’s in a round flat black plastic case with a huge mirror. No brush included. The compact holds a LOT of product
- Coverage – Full. It’s super pigmented. One swipe, and even 3 taps of your brush
- Staying Power – It lasted the whole day on me, with 0 retouches.
- Shade – It’s a bright warm pink. Since it’s in ombre form it has 2 colors, a bright fuschia pink and a little bit of bright orange. The ombre is not so much significant because the Orange shade is tiny. So all we get is bright pink.
- Texture/Finish – Matte, no shimmer. It’s not as silky as I expected it to be.
- Scent – Fragrance-free
- Final Thoughts – This blush has gotten mixed reviews over the internet so I’ll give you the pros and cons of this blush, and how to make it work. The NYX Ombre blush is highly pigmented and never chalky. A little goes a long way. However, you need a light hand, a good brush, and a prepped face (matte, smooth, dry) to make it work. I tried applying it right after my base makeup (no finishing powder yet) and it has a tendency to be patchy so apply with caution. The pros? The color is gorgeous, pigment payoff is perfection, and with its powerful staying power you don’t need to retouch.
KikaySiKat Rating Scale Guide
1 – It should cease to exist on the planet.
2 – Troublesome. Caused negative reactions for me or made me feel bad.
3 – Boringly blah blah blah. Not good. Not bad. It’s like… nothing…so I’ll just give it away to someone who might like it more than I do.
4 – Wow. Amazeballs. It’s super effective! I’ll keep this in my stash for sure until I find something better.
5 – It’s irreplaceable! *ala Beyonce* (disclaimer:unless it gets discontinued boohoo)
PS: Do follow NYX on instagram @nyxcosmetics_philippines