It’s been almost a year since I had this palette and it doesnt get the review it deserves. Among my eyeshadows, this is the most used, and most abused. During travel trips; I bring this one. During “I-dont-know-what-to-wear” days; I wear this one. The cream colored eyeshadow, I use most for highlighting brows, nose, chin and cheeks.
Majolica Majorca is a drugstore brand of Shiseido. Theyre eyeshadows are nicely textured, pigmented, and has this lovely buttery feel upon application. Not only do they make great eyeshadows, but they also have the best fool-proof smudge-proof, water-proof, wear-for-one-week mascaras, and great blushes. Let’s head on to the review shall we?
The palette is composed of 4 different shades and texture.
1. Cream – It’s the lightest shade, and the least pigmented. It makes an excellent base for the other shadows and multi purpose as a highlighter as well.
2. Pink – The medium toned, more opaque and pigmented but still sheer, it gives of a nice flattering pink without making you look sick
3. Blue Trick-On – It looks plain baby blue on the pan, but upon application gives a very pearlescent multicolored finish great for highlighting the undereyes and also lining the tearduct area.
4. Dark Brown – The most pigmented of all the shades, the texture is still soft and easy to blend. Nice for lining the lash lines.
What I Like
- Great color payoff
- Buttery smooth texture
- Nice colors
- Long lasting even without a primer
What I don’t Like
- The blue trick-on shade is not that wearable on a daily basis as its shockingly pearlescent like ultraviolet rays O_O
Who will I recommend this to?
I’m a bit of an eyeshadow scrimper so I only own 1 of these palettes since I find them quite pricey, but very worth it! I recommend this palette to those who want to invest in a good but usesable eyeshadow they can take anywhere
For those who are looking for better swatches, and even complete swatches of the trick-on palette, visit lipglosseater’s page on the trick on here http://www.lipglosseater.com/2009/07/majolica-majorca-majolook-trick-on.html