*whew* That was long. But this has to be the BEST sunblock I’ve tried for the beach.
Our friends and I love going out swimming to almost anywhere in the Philippines and having a sensitive skin and I’m so afraid of getting sunburnt (hey it hurts!) and unwanted tanning, I make sure I have loads of sunblock with me. When I was a kid, my mom always uses Banana Boat Sunblocks, but it made me feel all sticky and icky.
The variant I use is the Anti-Aging, Waterproof, Sweat Resistant SPF 50 sunblock from Ocean Potion.
This is their description from their website:
Specially formulated for fair skin, Ocean Potion® Broad Spectrum, Anti-Aging Lotion SPF 50 provides higher sun protection against UVA I, II and UVB sunrays.
This clean, dry formula glides on easily for quick absorption, while enlisting Seaplant extracts and Anti-Oxidant Vitamins A, C, and E that aid in the reduction of cell damaging free radicals for younger looking skin.
Solaplex enhances the stability of Parsol® 1789 (Avobenzone) which makes Ocean Potion sunscreens more reliable and longer lasting.
What I Like
- Great protection! Did not give me sunburn or unwanted tanning when I went beach swimming for 3 days.
- Smells like rasperry cupcakes with vanilla icing on top
- Compared to other waterproof sunblocks, this indeed was less sticky and less heavy
- Had to reapply when I get wet
- Sturdy tube
- Very affordable, around 750php for a big tube.
- Did not break me out, even when I forget to wash my face properly after a tiring day at the beach.
- Stable sunscreens. For more info on how to determine stability of sunscreens, go to the blog of wonderfulwortelworld
What I don’t Like
- Nothing!!!!! I would re-purchase this every single time!!!!
Who will I recommend this to?
To those who plan to go out and have fun in the sun!