Review: Kanebo Freshel White C Cleansing Oil
Visit my other home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
Hi folks! This has been long overdue since my bottle of this is empty and threw it away after a year of usage. Wootwoo! I hit another pan! This is my very first bottle of cleansing oil tried, and was my to-go tool when removing really stubborn makeup before.
But I have to admit that the reason why I finished the bottle up is because I used 50% for body cleansing. I accidentally spilled hair color on my shoulders, back, and basically my whole body which I’m afraid will stain my skin for days! (And it was also the time we were heading out to the beach)
So I used this cleansing oil to remove the henna stain all over my body and it worked quite well!
Now onto the review
What I Like
- It’s one of the cheaper cleansing oils easily available in department stores like SM. 750php (15$) per 250ml bottle.
- It can remove stubborn mascara and makeup easily
- Fragrance free!
What I don’t Like
- Does not emulsify enough, I have to double wash to remove the oil film left
- Has mineral oil as its first component, a big no no for me.
Who will I recommend this to?
To those starting out and want to try out an effective cleansing oil without breaking their bank budget.
Will I buy again?
Nope. I found better cleansing milks/oils.
- Mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum) – A clear, odorless oil derived from petroleum that is widely used in cosmetics because it is inexpensive and rarely causes allergic reactions. It can, however, induce acne lesions.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate – Skin conditioning agent, emollient. Ethylparaben Preservative.
- Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate – is an organic compound used in skin care products to aid in stabilizing oil-in-water mixtures. It is also a skin conditioning agent that acts as a lubricant on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft and smooth appearance
- Diglyceryl sebacate/ isopalmitate
- Water (aqua) – H20
- Squalane – A topical emollient that is spreadable and soothing to the skin and is used in skincare products. Made from shark-liver oil but also found in small quantities in human sebum.
- Olea Europaea (olive) fruit oil – Olive oil
- Citrus unshiu peel extract – Citrus peel
- Perilla ocymoides leaf extract
- Tocopherol – Vitamin E