Okay, I’m not going to make another review of Revlon Colorstay since there are already a LOT you can find online. But! Here’s a trick on how to make this work for people like me who doesnt need a whole lotta coverage but want to maximize its staying power and finish.
- Mix 50% foundation with 50% of your favorite!untinted moisturizer or primer or sunscreen on a clean ceramic bowl or plate or CD! (see tips below)
- Apply as usual
- Spot treat your acne (if you have) with a concealer brush and blend.
- Buff buff buff blend blend blend
- End result is a natural finish that has perfect coverage but will let your skin breath
I usually apply this with disposable sponges that can be bought from almost anywhere and then after applying, I buff with either a stippling or a flat top brush to give me that airbrushed finish.
- Don’t waste product! Use a CD as your mixing plate, simply pour the amount you need and start from there. Make sure you clean the CD well before and after use. Will not absorb unlike your hands! I know you have lots of CDs you want to throw away.. Try and recycle one 😉 You can use this as a mixing palette for lippies and other makeups as well
- Less is more. If you are having a good skin day. Simply spot conceal, and apply a light layer just to even out your skin tone.
- Make your blushes and eyeshadows last a LOT longer. Simply apply your makeup immediately after this foundation (dont wait for it to completely dry) and then set with a finishing powder. Trust me.
- Don’t want to break out? A good primer will do the trick to act as a barrier. I use Baby Spa VCO liquid powder