Boho style has been all the rage for a few seasons now, and it doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon. If you’re looking to achieve that boho chic look, there are a few do’s and don’ts that you need to keep in mind. In this blog post, we will discuss the seven most important things that you need to know in order to achieve the perfect boho style!
7 things you should do, or not do when wanting to achieve boho & chic style
Boho & chic is a style that has been trending for a few seasons now and it’s easy to see why. The key to boho chic is mixing different prints, textures, and colors while still maintaining a cohesive look. It’s all about being effortless, yet put together at the same time. So, whether you want to incorporate some Poco Loco Jewellery, or maybe a Free People dress, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Styling boho chic can be easy once you know what not to do! Hence, you should definitely avoid these seven things…
1. Do: Mix prints, textures, and colors
Mixing prints, textures, and colors is one of the key elements to achieving boho chic style. By mixing different prints, you add visual interest to your outfit. Texture also adds dimension and depth to your look. And lastly, by incorporating different colors, you can create a more cohesive look.
- Don’t: Overdo it on the prints. When you have too many prints going on, it can look cluttered and messy. Stick to two or three different prints and mix them together in a way that is pleasing to the eye.
2. Do: Wear flowy skirts and dresses
Flowy skirts and dresses are the epitomai of boho chic style. They are effortless, yet stylish at the same time. Plus, they are very comfortable to wear! Flowy skirts and dresses can be made from a variety of different fabrics such as chiffon, linen, or even cotton. And they come in a variety of different styles such as maxi skirts, mini skirts, and even wrap dresses.
- Don’t: Wear anything too tight or fitted. When you wear clothing that is too tight or fitted, it can look uncomfortable and unflattering. Stick to loose-fitting clothing that will skim your body in a flattering way.
3. Do: Accessorize with natural materials
Accessories are a great way to add some boho chic style to your outfit. And one of the best ways to do that is by incorporating natural materials into your look. Think wood, straw, shell, or even bone. These materials will add a unique and interesting element to your outfit.
- Don’t: Accessorize with anything too flashy or glitzy. Boho chic is all about being effortless and natural. So, avoid anything that looks too flashy or over-the-top.
4. Do: Try wearing headwear
Headwear is another great way to add some boho chic style to your outfit. There are a variety of different headwear options to choose from such as straw hats, bandanas, beanies, and even turbans. And you can wear them in a variety of different ways. For example, you can wear a straw hat with a flowy dress and sandals. Or you can wear a bandana with a denim jacket and jeans.
- Don’t: Wear headwear that is too big or bulky. When you wear headwear that is too big or bulky, it can look overwhelming and out of proportion. Stick to headwear that is more subdued and understated.
5. Do: Aim for minimalism in your style
Boho chic style is all about being effortless and natural. So, when you are styling your outfit, aim for a more minimalistic approach. This means sticking to a few key pieces and keeping the overall look clean and polished. With minimalism, less is more.
- Don’t: Overdo it on the accessories. When you have too many accessories, it can look cluttered and busy. Stick to a few key pieces that will complement your outfit in a subtle way.
6. Do: Go for that embroidered dress
If you want to achieve true boho chic style, then you need to go for an embroidered dress. Embroidered dresses are very popular in the bohemian fashion world. And they come in a variety of different styles, colors, and fabrics. So, there is sure to be an embroidered dress out there that is perfect for you.
- Don’t: Wear an embroidered dress that is too busy or detailed. When you wear an embroidered dress that is too busy or detailed, it can look overwhelming and out of proportion. Stick to a more subdued and understated dress.
7. Do: Incorporate fringes into your look
Fringes are a great way to add some boho chic style to your outfit. They are fun, yet sophisticated at the same time. And they come in a variety of different styles and colors. So, there is sure to be a fringe that is perfect for you.
- Don’t: Wear fringes that are too long or too short. When you wear fringes that are too long or too short, they can look out of proportion and unflattering. Stick to a more moderate length that will complement your outfit in a flattering way.
In conclusion, these are some of the best ways to achieve boho chic style this season. So, take these tips and incorporate them into your own personal style. And you are sure to look chic and effortless in no time!