I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
It’s been a while since I’ve done a Cushion Review. Yes folks, not BB, not CC, it’s the Cathy Doll AA Matte Powder Cushion. I was trying to make my skin breathe from all the makeup because of a recent breakout mania that lasted for MONTHS. I am not flawless everyday. Just like you, I battle occassional breakouts and the past few weeks was horror. If you’ve been following me on instagram (instagram.com/heyitsmekaycee) you’ll see on my no-makeup photos that I’ve been bombarded with cystic pimples around my mouth area. The culprit? Whey Protein, that’s why I’m switching to Vegan Protein (on a separate post soon)
I was surprised that this is more than just makeup, this AA cushion, together with the AA Cream helped DRY out my pimples and lighten the acne marks. I’m amazed. Read my full review for more details.
- What? Cathy Doll AA Matte Powder Cushion
- Where to buy? 7-11, Leading Department Stores, SM Megamall Kiosk, Zalora
- How much? 1,100php
Say bye to grease and dark spots with this matte finish powder cushion from Cathy Doll. Containing Tea Tree Oil Extracts, Titanium Dioxide, and Korean herbs, this oil-control formula comes with the latest innovative airy foundation technology to provide cooling sensation and protects skin from dullness. AA stands for Automatic Aura, Anti Acne, and Anti Aging
– For all skin types
– Anti-Acne and Anti-Aging
– Korean herbs
– Titanium Dioxide
– Tea Tree Oil
Cathy Doll AA Matte Powder Cushion Photos
Cathy Doll AA Matte Powder Cushion Swatches
Cathy Doll AA Matte Powder Cushion Review
I got the shade in Light Beige because I know for a fact that I am acidic, and true enough, after 30 minutes, it settled and blended naturally with my skin tone. At first glance, the Sand Beige would be a better fit if only I wasn’t acidic.
- Packaging – It comes in a very cute compact with a bright pink and blue shade. The colors similar to my logo so that’s a super plus for me! Hehehe.. It has a soft sponge and big mirror
- Coverage – The color is quite saturated and you only need very little product. This was my mistake when I first used the AA Cushion, I pressed on the compact too hard and it made me look like Sadako. Just like its AA variant, a little goes a long way. Super tipid gamitin! It has medium-heavy coverage, heavy enough to cover my tattoos and acne redness.
- Staying Power – Once it settles on your skin, it is basically transfer-proof, even when you rub it! Take my word for it. It lasts the whole day without retouching, imagine that.
- Shade/Finish – I mentioned that I got this in Light Beige because it does darken a bit after 30 minutes or so. It dries matte, but not dry looking. It doesn’t settle into fine lines but it leaves you with a natural soft-focused matte finish that you don’t need a setting powder anymore. I’m a bit sad that all shades are for those who are in the lighter-skinned spectrum. I hope they release shades for morenas too!
- Texture – It has a nice slip and blends quite nicely. You should apply this with a tapping tap tap motion vs spreading it around.
- Scent – It smells like tea-tree oil, very herbal. Because it has tea tree!
An AA Cushion that does what it claims! While I haven’t noticed any significant effects when it comes to anti-aging. The tea tree oil component helped a lot in drying my ghastly pimples, and lightening my red scars in just weeks of usage. I’m quite impressed! I recommend this to those who have acne-trouble as most foundations aggrevate pimples.