As my pot of my HG eyeshadow primer ran out *sob* and have no replacement because Art Deco is discontinued in our country, I have to makeshift and search for another HG by ordering online. But since I do not have the time of day and Im trying to save more budget. I decided to experiment and try if a homemade eyeshadow primer can work.
and you know what? I think it did!
- A cotton bud with the tip cut off for mixing
- Any HD finishing powder or silica
- Liquid or Cream Foundation
- Squeeze an ample amount of foundation in your container, about half the pot
- Put your powder together with the foundation in the container, I used 1/8 tsp.
- Mix until you get a nice airy and mousse like consistency
Eyeshadow Freshly Applied
Left Eye: With Primer
Right Eye: Without Primer
After 8 Hours
It’s probably not the best primer around but it certainly works! The mixture definitely controlled the sebum on my left eye and made my shadow last longer and melt slower. But of course, when I get the chance, I would still use a commercial primer like Art Deco or UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion)