CLIMACHILL is back for its 3rd successive season, once again re-defining cooling apparel innovation with new and more advanced technologies and a unique sport and gender specific design. Destroy the heat this S/S 16.
The newest addition to the adidas family, Ride Rev instructor Lexi Gancayco gives us a treat during one of the classes. I was invited by my friend Phylicia and Greenbulb PR to try out indoor cycling with a twist. I think this is the latest fitness craze of young ones? Gosh I feel so old! HAHAHA.
The tension is real. I can feel my muscles pumping and fat burning. Thanks to Adidas Climachill, my body still felt cool and comfortable throughout the session! I’m not really a heavy sweater but the 30 minute workout session is so intense I sweat like a pig but still felt like a princess.
We were also served an equally yummy and healthy meal right after the intense workout!
As heat rises, challenges increase, and with adidas CLIMACHILL so does the determination to perform. Working closely with athletes around the world, it is clear that increased heat and humid weather makes training and competitive performance more difficult. When core body temperature exceeds 37 degrees Celsius, efficiencies decrease and athletes cannot perform at their peak capacity. That’s why the new adidas CLIMACHILL uses industry-leading technology to keep their body temperature at an optimum level and help them perform at their best, even in the hottest conditions.
The result of the adidas Futures Team working closely with leading athletes, and of extensive testing within the climate chamber of adidas’ research labs, the S/S16 collection is its most advanced cooling product range yet; offering an evolution of previous CLIMACHILL technologies to work with the body to maintain the optimal body temperature:
For the first time, the adidas CLIMACHILL women’s range has been given a unique construction to complement the unique requirements of a women’s body identified via the Futures team’s research. The result? A fit that is truly tailored to the female form and offers maximised cooling where needed the most:
- Fabric weight and thickness that differs between sports to enhance performance functionality depending on an athlete’s needs.
- A uniquely engineered design profile includes industry-leading 3D aluminium- cooling spheres strategically located on the back and neck to correspond with the warmest areas of the body; providing an instant cooling sensation on contact.
- Mesh-like micro fibres transport excess moisture away from your skin.
- Revolutionary SubZero flat yarns contain titanium to maximise surface contact with the skin, to transfer heat away from the body.
The collection, which comes in a bold new Brazilian pack range of colours, on trend for the summer of sport ahead, is part of the new adidas CLIMAZONE concept launched in 2016. Developed for those who are ‘Not Made For Normal’, adidas, has created a unified product concept that can address specific seasonal weather issues to enable elevated performance in unrelenting conditions.
Adidas CLIMA is made up of three product ranges, each designed to provide athletes complete protection from the elements:
- CLIMACHILL to control temperature in hot conditions,
- CLIMAHEAT to retain body heat when the weather gets cold
- CLIMAPROOF to repel wind, rain and snow Each of the ranges, including adidas CLIMACHILL, can be purchased in special CLIMAZONE areas in select adidas stores across the world and at adidas.com/climazone. The adidas CLIMACHILL SS16 range launches on 23rd March with new product lines of the CLIMAPROOF and CLIMAHEAT collections to follow in the fall/winter.
The spring/summer Climachill range including training and running: t-shirts, tanks, shorts, tights and footwear is available at adidas.com and in selected retailers world/nationwide.
For more information visit adidas.com/climazone and follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram with #Climachill. Thanks Adidas, Ride Revolution, Greenbulb PR and Phyphy for the experience! ^_^