Base - Powders Foundations BB CC and Concealers, Beauty, Beauty Tips Tutorials and DIY, Wake up and Makeup
How to Choose the Right Foundation for Your Skin Type
How To Choose The Right Foundation For Your Skin
Choosing the right foundation can make a world of difference in the way that your makeup looks. If you’re wearing the wrong kind or color of foundation it can look cakey or streaky and your skin can look unhealthy. Since you’re trying to look your best and not like a plastic Barbie here are some tips on how to easily choose the right foundation for your skin tone and type.
Visit my other home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
• Before you head to your favorite makeup counter think about your skin type and which kind of foundation will work best for you. If your skin is dry you may want to try a cream based foundation that is moisturizing. If you have oily skin an oil free foundation with a matte finish will look and feel best on your skin. Women with a combination skin type should try an oil free moisturizing foundation.
• The next step is to think about whether your foundation should have a matte or satin finish. A satin finish will give your skin a glow while a matte finish will not have any shine at all. You can also try a sheer and tinted foundation which is a great option if you want to cover blemishes.
• Now that you’re ready to actually try out some foundation you should start your search with a clean palette. Be sure to remove any trace of makeup from your skin so that when you try on the foundation you can see what it will look like. After all, when you apply makeup at home you apply your foundation before your blush or eye makeup right?
• Read some labels and look for a foundation that looks like it would be a good match to your skin tone. Use a clean cotton ball to apply a little to your jawline or neck because these areas are where the color will show properly best. Do not try it on your wrist or hand.
• Blend the makeup into your skin so that it disappears into your skin. If it doesn’t disappear and you can see where the makeup is then try another color. Remember, you want it to look natural.
• The fluorescent lights in most stores can be tricky so once you found a foundation type that blends nicely on your skin you should head outside with a small mirror. Look carefully to make sure that the makeup looks good in natural light.
• If the makeup doesn’t look natural try another one.
If you’re still unsure ask a sales person for help. The people who work at makeup counters are trained to help you find the best products for your skin.
This post was written by Aleya who writes the blog for Hair Design Institute which has beauty schools in West Palm Beach and other locations throughout Florida and New York.
thanks for the tips dear 😀
BTW, I'd like to invite you to my "TheStyleQuarter Giveaway [LINK]".
I hope you can join. 🙂
really nice tips. we all sometimes overlook this simple steps on getting our foundations, thanks for reminding us!