What comes to your mind whenever you hear something about long lasting lipstick or stays on for 12 hours or more? For me, I was never a fan of these kinds of lipsticks because based on my personal experience, when something is long lasting, it usually sacrifices moisture. It can dry out your lips, leave cracks, uneven color. I was about to give up my quest for a long lasting lip color when my aunt gave me something for Christmas last year. I received a set of Max Factor Lipfinity. Hey it’s for free, why not give it a shot.
|I got two shades. One in a my lips but better color, another in nude peach.|
Max Factor Lipfinity comes in a pre-packaged set of 1 lip liquid lip color and lip balm. One thing I do not like about this product is that their shades come in numbers rather than something easy to remember like “rose” or “peach” so when looking for colors, I have to check out one by one and look underneath. It also makes it more difficult to recommend to friends.
Friend: “Hey Kat! What lip color are you wearing?”
Me: “Oh, I’m wearing shade #14344”
|Unscented balm to be put on top of the color after drying|
HOW TO USE
Step 1: Apply liquid lip color from applicator, evenly on the lips. Make sure lips are exfoliated and free from chapping to ensure even application.
Step 2: Wait for lip color to dry. It takes around 5 minutes. DO NOT RUB LIPS together
Step 3: To protect color and give you that glowing sheen, apply the lip balm on top. You’re done!
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MAX FACTOR LIPFINITY
- Does what it says. Almost. It says it lasts for 24 hours, but with eating and drinking, 12 hours is what it can deliver
- It does not dry lips unlike other lipsticks. Hey, even regular lipsticks dry them out but this one doesn’t. It’s like applying a second layer of color to the lips.
- It has a soft gel like texture that does not feel heavy; you can forget you’re wearing it
- Wide variety of shades from nude, reds, pinks, to plum
WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT MAX FACTOR LIPFINITY
- Shade colors are numbered instead of cool naming convention
WHO DO I RECOMMEND THIS TO?
I recommend this lip color to busy ladies who do not have the time to retouch their makeup within the day. Just a couple of swipes and they can look pretty the whole day.
Make your other lipsticks last longer. Put a layer of Lipfinity on your lips, then put your favorite lipstick on top. Wait to dry. Topcoat with the balm!