I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
As I sip my jumbo Thai Milk Tea from Cha Tu Chak on my bed (yes I literally work on my bed haha), I was contemplating whether or not I should start working on my ideas for 2019 or just continue reading My Hero Academia manga.
I am always that lax blogger who writes when she feels like it and can only write when it’s interesting to her. Wow, referring my self as a 3rd person. Narcissist much? HAHA. Now where was I? Ah.. the year-end essay that most folks on social media, post. I prefer to write it on my blog for easier tracking.
My Obligatory Year-End Essay
- 2011-2012 was my impulsive learning stage
- 2013-2015 was my quarter-life rebellious state
- 2016 was all about finding what I want to do with my life
- 2017 was the WORST
- 2018 was one of the better ones
and that’s what scares the shit out of me. Have you ever felt anxious when something nice happens to you that something bad will come next? That’s how I’m feeling right now. 2018 is one of my best years because:
- I finally know what I want to do, and that is to continue writing, creating content, and yes play with the stock market.
- At the age of 32, I found my significant other. We’re that perfect combination of contrast/highlights that our best & worst just complements with each other. We just synch.
- Money-flow was great! A lot of projects both as a writer and as an “influencer” (as much as I avoid the term) came in.
- Macho kid is growing up to be a great man! He already knows gender equality, respect, and prioritizing to be kind to others WHILE still holding his ground when he knows what’s right/wrong. He accepts failure and he understands it’s part of life. That winning isn’t everything
At the ripe old age of 32 I’m slowly learning what I want to happen in my life, and accepting all the shitty mistakes I did when I was younger. I’m in a state of contentment that I’m so scared of tomorrow.
Can Thanos turn me to dust today?
My “Resolutions” for 2019
..and when I say resolution, I must commit on doing them beyond 2019.
- Stop Necessary Spending – I’ve accumulated clothes, makeup, skincare, tools, that I haven’t used one single bit. Most of the time impulse purchases. Dining out also is one of the things I want to minimize. That’s why for 2019 I’m going to practice prepping my own meals, and only buying things I NEED. Not WANT.
- Consistency on My Fitness Goals – Sure, you see me working it out in the gym, but have you ever seen me with lean? Nah. It’s because I binge, go over my calories, not following my macros, and eating junk. How can I be your #fitspiration if I don’t look like one?
- Don’t React to Everything I See Online – As a person who has morals somewhat, I tend get affected by EVERYTHING I see online. From poverty, politics, issues, rights, and even get triggered by jeje posts. I mean, it’s okay to react when needed. But to leave a comment to a viral post just to prove a point feels senseless (and I become an easy target for bashers/bullies online)
- Create Content That Counts – Just like this one. I’m not even sure if someone reads my personal musings. I’ve been easily distracted by paid campaigns and sponsored posts that I neglect writing about things that matter to YOU my readers. So more insightful, educational, and relevant content for 2019 and beyond.
*Bonus: BABAWASAN KO NA PAG-SAKAY KO NG GRAB. Have you seen your newsfeed lately? Grab gave their users access to how much they spend using the app for 2018. The results will shock you. See example below (not mine, I’m too much of a wuss to look at mine. SHAMEEE)
Those 5 resolutions seem achievable. While I’m afraid of growing old, a good friend told me to live one day at a time. Because we really don’t know what the future holds.
Live one day at a time. Because we really don’t know what the future holds.