What? Cyleina Black Pearl Supreme Skin Whitening and Cooling Soap
How much? 120php
Where to buy? On-line and at Watson’s
I remember using this soap, and only this soap way back 4 years ago when I was working in Singapore. Whenever I go back to Manila, I hoard this stuff to take with me. It seemed like my holy grail soap. It was the time when the brand was fairly new and a lot of girls on GirlTalk are raving about it as the whitening soap to use!
This was a photo of me and my friends in Singapore having a play-photoshoot at the Botanical Gardens. Looking back, I didn’t know I was chubby back then. I thought in that time I was slim. Hahaha.. Feelingera much! All I can remember is using this soap was very refreshing, and it seemed to calm down any irritations my skin was having. I also never got any pimples.
That’s why when I was browsing around Watson’s. I remembered this soap and immediately bought one! I have to use it again! It’s so good! It’s also high time that this baby gets reviewed.
Description: Inspired by the rare beauty of South Sea black pearls. Cyleina gives your skin a luminous clarity using premium skin-enhancing ingredients.
- Collagen promotes a smooth, radiant, firm, and well hydrated skin
- Licorice has anti-bacterial and natural skin whitening complex
- Alpha Arbutin gently exfoliates dead skin cells and inhibit melanin production
- Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant with excellent moisturizing properties
- Infused with peppermint oil for antiseptic effect and added refreshing cooling sensation!
- Hydrolized Pearl Extracts which speed up the generation of new skin cells
|photo credits: dianwantstowrite.com|
- Packaging – I like how everything is black. It stands out from the crowd of pink and orange box among its competition. The box has a matte finish and design that adds to its class
- Price – At 120php, this is not your ordinary whitening soap. It’s mid-ranged, but you get what you pay for at quality.
- Fragrance – It’s not fruity, it’s not floral. But my son says it smells like strawberries. For me it’s so faint and barely noticeable, albeit pleasant.
- Ingredients – They used top notch ingredients worth to be raved by many. The cooling sensation is quite freshing, not overpowering. This might be the perfect whitening soap to use this summer! ^_^
- Effectiveness – This is something ot be used in the long term to achieve maximum results. It will not significantly lighten your skin complexion but is effective in terms of brightening. After a month or so of using it, I noticed that my skin is tight, taught, and radiant upon using. Without any makeup on. One thing I don’t like about this soap is that it’s very hard to create a lather. It doesn’t bubble very well. This is a sign of your soaps purity. Cyleina Black Pearl soap is so pure it doesn’t have much of the fillers that make soap bubble.
Kikaysikat Tip: Use a loofa or face towel to create the lather you need when using this soap. It doesn’t foam very well.
☆☆☆☆ – 4 stars!
I hoped you enjoyed my review! Have you tried this black pearl soap from Cyleina? How about their other variants? Which one is your favorite so I can try it next!?
I also loved that soap! I used that along with the Rice Bran soap of the same brand until I realized I don't like me when I have light skin. haha!
Nakakaputi din ba yung rice bran soap?
It helps exfoliate the dead skin. Para sa bacne problems ko. 😛
Got even more interested with the product when you said it smelled like strawberries! Hahahaha i love strawberries so muchhhhh
i used to love using that soap too. i stuck with it for a while din and i believe pumuti ako because of it. kaso nagkatamaran, since di pa available sa mall. sa mga hortaleza stores lang meron, dadayuin ko pa. natry ko rin yung rice bran and strawberry variant from cyleina. the rice bran was intended for skin irritations and skin asthma so i tried it. pero mas fave ko parin yung BP soap. heard raves naman sa teentalk noon hehe. Kaso late last yr i saw it sa watsons and tried it, idk, i wasnt as impressed as before na. or maybe kelangan talaga kasi longterm use hehe
I was just checking if there's still any reviews/rants about Cyleina when I saw this! =) I came across Cyleina in Sulit (2009 I think) and my favourite is the Black Pearl Soap. My mom uses their Tomato soap since and it still work wonders on her skin. As for me, I still use it from time to time if I wanted to skip the whitening soaps that terrorizes my skin (^-^)
I also like their oatmeal soap 🙂
Sa watsons po ba available to?
[…] Cyleina Black Pearl Soap […]