It took quite a while to convince me in trying out this brand of mineral foundation. I am a loyalist to small mineral makeup companies, but there came a time when I wanted to try out and purchase a drugstore foundation since it’s easier to purchase (no more online purchases, no more credit card bills) and it’s a lot cheaper too. So here is my review:
How to Apply
- Put an ample amount of foundation on cap
- Swirl your foundation brush on cap, tap excess (use excess for spot concealing later)
- Buff in swirly motions around face
Before & After
What I LIKE
- Convenience – can be bought at department stores mallwide. It’s easy to find since almost all mall have Maybelline counters
- Long lasting – Lasted the whole 8 hours on me with minimal fading on spots near my nose and mouth (I always scratch/pinch my nose and with drinking and eating with wiping my mouth, it should fade)
- Great oil control – I’m not the oiliest kind of person, but still do get the oilies, but this foundie kept my face matte
- Did not break me out
- Shade match! I got it in N01
What I DONT LIKE
- I was expecting a luminous finish, but alas it gave me a matte finish instead
- Can get cakey when applied incorrectly. Please use a really small amount and in light layers
- The brush is actually usable, but not soft enough for my taste
- It still has talc – Maybelline, why do you say that your MMU is talc free, when it is obvious if you read the ingredients list at the box that IT HAS TALC
Will I buy again?
I would buy this IF and only IF I run out of MMU and online shipping would take more than a week.
Who would I recommend this to?
Gals who are afraid to purchase MMU online. This is a decent foundation for you to use.