This is me. Without filters without edits. Stretchmarks and scars. I am happy with myself, for myself. Are you a people pleaser? I was, several years ago. Even if it meant sacrificing my own welfare for others. Used wisely, No is an instrument of integrity and protects us against exploitation. I started saying NO when I learned to love myself a little more. No is both the tool and the barrier by which we establish and maintain the distinct perimeter of the self. No says, “This is who I am; this is what I value; this is what I will and will not do; this is how I will choose to act.” We love others, give to others, cooperate with others, and please others, but we are, always and at the core, distinct and separate selves. We need No to carve and support that space. 1
With that as part of my mantra, life has never been better and I #LookGoodFeelGreat everyday. Here’s 5 simple tips and a short video to inspire you with self-love:
What Do You Love About Yourself?
What do you love about yourself? A simple question that's surprisingly hard to answer. It's time we all learn to start looking good and feeling great. #LookGoodFeelGreat #WatsonsPH
Posted by Watsons Philippines on Sunday, April 15, 2018
Self-love is a state of appreciation for yourself that is manifested through different means. Self-love involves taking care of yourself, not losing touch with who you are despite the stresses of everyday life. Taking care of your health, face, hair and skin are some of the basic aspects of self-love because when you look good, you feel great. Self-love starts with self-awareness, which means knowing your strengths and weaknesses and likes and dislikes. It can mean anything from doing something that will make you feel great like wearing a new pair of shoes or applying red lipstick on a Monday to make you look good.
5 Simple Tips to Love Yourself a Little More
- Be aware. It all starts with knowing who you are and what you can do.
- Don’t procrastinate. So one of your New Year’s resolutions is to achieve glowing skin. Don’t wait until the year is over to have a realistic skin care routine based on proper cleansing, moisturizing and sun protection.
- Be goal-oriented. Proper sleep, exercise and good nutrition are only some of the steps you should take to achieve your goals. List down your goals and think carefully how you can achieve them.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re not perfect; nobody is. If you are overweight, you can do something about it. If you look tired, there’s a reason for that. It’s not because you were born that way.
- Realize that you’re not alone. So many people struggle with lack of time or will to take proper care of yourself. Watsons encourages people to love themselves more to look good and feel great.
Glad to have companies like Watsons reminding us to give ourselves a little more love with its recently launched online video, http://bit.ly/WatsonsPH. To learn more about the video, visit the Watsons Philippines Facebook page and watsonsph on Instagram.