Hello! My name is Kaycee and I have been blogging for almost 8 years now. I started to earn around 3 years after I started. Hardwork and patience got myself to where I am today and I am not even satisfied yet. As a single mom I need to earn a lot for my child’s future! Did you know that besides the usual advertising agencies like Adsense and Facebook ads, there are other ways to earn money besides blogging? I created a basic guide to help you get started. Along with trusted freelancer website that helps you earn at home!
Well if you’re looking for an additional website to earn while blogging do try INFOLINKS (referral: http://www.infolinks.com/join-us?aid=3018923)
3 Basic Things You Need to Get Started
PC/Laptop – at least an i3 for starters and administrative tasks like data entry or research. Graphic design needs at least i5. Getting the job done via tablets and mobile phones are not enough.
Internet Connection – If DSL is available, get it. Mobile WiFi can be used in some cases like light research and data entry but for voice related jobs or activities, a more stable connection is needed to be invested in. We recommend at least 3MBPS, DSL connection.
Needless to say, it pays to invest in a reliable satellite internet connection to ensure you get the best online experience, regardless of the type of job you will find. You can visit this link to see reviews of popular satellite internet service providers.
Headset and Webcam – Some clients prefer to interview workers before giving them a job either thru Skype or Google hangouts. Some prefers to just chat or email, but it is preferable to have these ready in case you need it. (FYI not everyone will need video feed on while on an interview as well)
Websites for Freelance Jobs Online
To start searching for jobs, you will need to look for clients. Clients are normally found on platforms or marketplaces like:
- Peopleperhour.com *highly recommended
These are websites that are guaranteed to provide secure jobs and payment. Be careful of fishy websites that can scam you or even those networking companies.
Additional Freelance Job Tips
- Be honest as possible with your resume. You may get the job, but can you actually do it?
- Send to as many clients as possible. The more options you have, the better
- Never undersell yourself. I see a lot of pinoy freelancers who’s going rate is as low as 5USD because of “competition”. If majority does that, it’s we who lose. All of us. Base minimum I can recommend is 15USD per hour
- Be professional. Finish work on time and present yourself as if you’re a corporate employee. Well, we are. Except we don’t work in an office and we are our own bosses.
- HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT!
You’re welcome! ^_^