Top 5 Ways to Get Rid of Under-Eye Dark Circles
Looking in the mirror with the Panda look caused by under-eye dark circles is certainly not the best way to kick off your day. Dark circles make you appear older and exhausted, possibly affecting your self-esteem and social interactions. Unfortunately, you cannot simply wait and wish for them to one day go away. You need to act on the problem and stay committed to finding effective solutions. Here are the top 5 ways to reduce and hopefully remove the dark bags under your eyes.
- It’s tempting to include cosmetic surgery in the list. While it is a possibility, it is certainly not the ultimate solution, so the best tip here is lifestyle change. Genetics may play a factor in the development of dark circles, however, 80% of the problem is due to poor lifestyle choices. Sleep deprivation, smoking and drinking, and eating unhealthy foods all contribute to dark circles, believe it or not. Choose to live a relaxed life and rest if you must. Nourish yourself with essential nutrients, including Vitamin K, that help boost body circulation and consequently lessen the appearance of dark circles.
- Massage is another natural way of improving blood circulation. There are eye products that come with rollers so you can massage an ample amount over your dark bags. While the promises are convincing, choose only products that are not only effective but most importantly safe. For instance, Intilight.com lightening products are hypoallergenic and free from parabens. They’re gentle on the skin, therefore suitable for sensitive areas. When massaging, remember to go lightly as friction can worsen the dark circle problem. Oils are also good for reducing dark circles. Almond oil and coconut oil are rich in Vitamin E which is great for the skin.
- A cold compress relaxes your eyes and lightens your dark areas as it gradually normalizes the size and activities of your blood vessels and muscles in the area. Cucumbers are the best go-to compress for your dark circles. But if preparation is a concern, you can opt for cold silicone eye pads, used tea bags (caffeine naturally relieves eye puffiness), or spoons. You can also apply ice cubes directly on skin, if none of the items are available. However, the application has to be intermittent as ice can leave a burning sensation on your skin if applied for longer minutes.
- Exercise and rehydrate. Moving around improves your body circulation and energizes you. During busy days, it is highly recommended to spend at least 15 minutes for stretching and flexing. In the process, drink loads of water to avoid dehydration. Water intake detoxifies your system and consequently reduces the appearance of bags under the eyes.
- Eye lightening creams are available in the market for beauty maintenance purposes. Prevention is always better than cure, even when it comes to dark circles. Prior to the manifestation of dark bags, exercise due diligence in taking care of your under-eye skin. Include eye creams in your morning and beauty regimen. While kitchen remedies are also great, you may not have the time to prepare them every day. Eye creams are good alternatives, only that you have to choose one that delivers results and uses natural ingredients.
Under-eye dark circles are beauty problems that may have adverse effects on your psychological and physical wellbeing. It is advisable to resolve them immediately.
The tips above are practical ways for you to get rid of your stubborn dark bags. The key here is continuous care. Stay committed to your beauty regimen not only for a week, but for a lifetime.