Visit my other home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
This will serve as my reflection to my past mistakes financially. Especially when I was a shopaholic. This day is marked as my “Freedom” day because I am finally free of debt and addiction to shopping.
- When I get an itch (yes shopping addiction is like having this itch that wont go away, but eventually does even without scratching it) or urge to buy something in a store, in an online shop or in everywhere. I give myself a time limit. If within a week I still want that thing, I will get it, but if not I wont. To be honest, the itch goes away in a day or two.
- Walk away from pushy SAs or ask them to leave you be when you are browsing in the mall. Pushy SAs make you feel like you need to get something from their store. Even giving you free makeovers that in their lighting and mirror makes you look super fine but under natural lighting it doesnt even match your shade!
- Try before you buy. Curious about something? Save and try it by politely asking for testers.
- Bring only enough cash in your wallet and leave your ATMs and Credit Cards at home (no, dont use the need cash for emergency excuse.)
- A Project “No Buy” (warning, for those with brave hearts only)