Visit my other home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
Singaw. That painful, annoying, pimple-like thing that can exist anywhere inside your mouth from your gums, to your tongue 🙁 and unfortunately I have em now. I googled singaw since I forgot the english term for it HAHAHAHA.
Singaw is also called mouth ulcers in english; here are the treatments I found that we can try to help curing it 🙂 The last one is fun. Beer? HAHA!
1. Mouth ulcers can be the result of a lack of vitamin C. Drink plenty of orange juice.
2. Create a mouthwash with water and a small amount of sodium bicarbonate to cleanse the mouth.
3. Fresh coconut milk is an excellent liquid to
gargle with. Use three or four times a day to keep the mouth clean and
ease the pain of an ulcer.
4. If you don’t have any coconut milk, rinsing and gargling with cold and then hot water can be beneficial for an ulcer.
5. Also, adding a little salt to water and gargling with it can aid healing.
6. Crisps, toast and nuts can have sharp edges. When
chewed, these can cause small cuts to the lining of the mouth. If the
cut becomes infected it can lead to an ulcer (especially avoid these
foods if you prone to mouth ulcers anyway). Also avoid chewing gum which
can cause you to bite the inside of your mouth.
7. Peppermint oil is great for immediate relief from the pain and irritation of an ulcer.
8. Raw onions are good for ulcers as they contain sulphur. Eat them in salads.
9. A cold tea bag placed on an ulcer will give relief and the tannin will dry out the sore.
10. Over the counter antacids (Rennie, Remegel etc.)
can help lower the acidity levels in the mouth and prevent the onset of
11. Don’t use a hard bristled toothbrush.
12. Change your toothbrush on a monthly basis.
13. Use toothpaste that has sodium bicarbonate rather than a fluoride heavy paste.
14. Warm vinegar and half a tablespoon of salt
rinsed around the mouth three times a day for thirty seconds is great
for healing ulcers but a little painful.
15. Chew Tulis (also known as holy basil leaves) five or six times a day and then sip water.
16. Rinse around your mouth with milk of magnesia to coat mouth ulcers and provide soothing relief.
17. Make sure your diet contains plenty of soured
milk products such as yoghurt, cottage cheese and buttermilk (unless you
have a dairy intolerance).
18. Indian gooseberry root bark powder (1tsp)
coupled with honey (1tsp) makes a paste that can be applied directly
onto the ulcer to provide relief and healing.
19. Cut out animal protein for a couple of weeks
(fish, meat) as this increases acidity in the body and slows down the
20. Beer! Great excuse to have a drink but swish it around your mouth and you’ll get relief from your ulcers.