K: Starting today, I would try and give definition to each ingredient of product I review. I love googling and read what goes on to my face and I think you’d like that too. Minus the task of googling.
I’ve been hesitant to try Pond’s again because of my unpleasant experience with their acne facial wash, which actually gave me acne! But my pimple scars on my chin and nose that have been red for weeks has been bugging me, and yes I got swayed by the ads!
But to my pleasant surprise, after around 4 days of using, I can already see the effects. Im not seeing noticeable skin lightening of course, but the red pimple marks that have been there for weeks, are visibly lighter, and less visible, and peeling off! I know it is because of this lotion because Im not using other whitening creams and such since last week (yes I’m not using bb creams, Im done with my BB cream phase)
I’m using the lotion variant because it’s light on the face, and dries quickly. The cream gives a matte finish for a while and then gives me clogged pores and oily skin a few hours later. It’s also very cheap! I got it for 70php for 30ml.
Here’s the list of ingredients of the lotion. I also researched what they are for.
- Stearic Acid – a fatty acid used as a cosmetic base and emollient.
- Niacinamide – another byproduct of vitamin B, serves as an effective skin-lightening agent. In one clinical investigation, patients with hyperpigmentation applied a moisturizer containing five percentniacinamide.
- Cyclomethicone – a silicone oil used in hair and skin care products to impart shine and/or
- Ethylexyl Methoxy cinnamate – Provides excellent UV absorption capability. Can be found in balsam of Peru, cocoa leaves, cinnamon leaves, and storax.
- Glycerin – A natural humectant (attracts and holds moisture) derived from vegetable fat. Helps skin absorb moisture and is helpful in pulling oxygen and bringing it into the skin.
- Butylene Glycol – a humectant that is good for people with oily skin.
- Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone crosspolymer – Derived from silica, this emollient provides a silky, smooth feel.
- Titanium Dioxide – a full-spectrum sunscreen, which means that it protects the skin from both UVA and UVB rays. It is also used to give opacity to face powder, eye shadow, and foundation.
- Cetyl Alcohol – A solid fatty alcohol used as an emollient and emulsion stabilizer that gives skin a velvety feel.
- Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride – an emollient derived from coconut oil that is also used to disperse pigment incosmetics.
- Sorbitan Stearate – Used as an emulsifier, a thickener and a stabilizer of essential oils in lotionproducts.
- Potassium Hydroxide – A mild food grade preservative found in cheese, wine, etc.
Poultice: Plant matter that aids injured or inflamed skin.
- Butyl Methoxy dibenzoyl methane –
- Phenoxy ethanol
- Dimethicone Crosspolimer/C12-14 Pareth-12
- Tocophenyl Acetate – Vit. E
- Disodium EDTA
- Pyridoxine GCI
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phospate – Vit. C
hello ms. K! thanks for checking out my blog^^ i really appreciate your compliment^^
i love this post! 😀 i am a research freak when it comes to product ingredients and stuff like that.this is really helpful for us girls to be more conscious about what ingredients are included in our products, what's good about it, what's not.thanks for sharing^^
haha! Im a research freak myself! Before buying anything I check the ingredients list first, and if I dont understand what that ingredient is, I google it! :p
hi sis! im also using ponds detox but in cream. and btw, we have the same reaction regarding their pimple fighting facial wash. i hate it! haha! but ponds detox is love. it really helps in lightening my stubborn pimple marks =)
with all your respect, fragrance is harmful for the skin.
Nagka-pimples din ako dun sa Ponds Active white 10 🙁
🙁 Hiyangan tlaaga pond's no? If it works it really works pero if it doesn't pimples galore.
Totoo ka jan Ms. Kat! Now, I'm trying Clean and Clear products. Na-try mo na ba yun Ms. Kat?
Clean and clear? Nung elementary pa