I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
Good evening! Good morning! Good afternoon! Or whatever time you’re currently reading this. I’m so excited to share this story with you because Kate Tokyo has been one of my favorite japanese beauty brands (dating up to 2009 when I reviewed their eyeshadow palette). Why? Because it’s one of the more budget-friendly beauty brands BUT quality is superb. Trivia: Did you know that she’s the baby sister of Kanebo?
The intimate event was held in Marco Polo Ortigas and invited were some of our friends from the media and blogging world.
Chief makeup artist for Kate Tokyo Ms. Chloe gave a demo on how to use the products. NEW LEARNING! The signature way to apply finishing powder in super slow motion, just like a massage. She used the new metallic eye shadow palette and The Base Zero products on the model.
I loved the fact that she used her fingers to apply the eyeshadow. Just like how I do it at home! The finish product was beautiful. The model looked natural and her skin looked flawless.
Kate Tokyo The Base Zero
KATE SECRET SKIN MAKER ZERO LIQUID (SRP: 960 php)
- SPF 18/PA++
- Place and Spread technology – Soft silicone agent that unified dense pigment and can be spread out with a light touch.
- Available in 6 shades (Light, slightly light, average, slightly beige, slightly tanned, tanned)
KATE SECRET SKIN CC BASE ZERO (SRP 600 php)
- A CC base that you can use on its own or under your foundation.
- Covers pores, brightens skin with pearl powder
- Improves complexion
- One color fits all. Translucent
KATE SECRET SKIN MAKER ZERO POWDER (SRP: 720PHP)
- This one I’ve tried! Too bad the shade in the press kit was too dark for me huhuhu. It’s so smooth and silky on the skin. It doesn’t sit on top, it melts flawlessly.
- No cakey feeling
- Oil Control
- Comes in a variety of shades from light to tan. Yay!
They also released a new set of liners and eyeshadows. The trend this season is metallics. Their mini palettes are nice because the colors are subtle yet pops at the same time. One of my favorite eyeshadow formulations are definitely japanese!
This is an exciting year for Kate Tokyo cosmetics! I’ll get their powder foundation in a lighter shade for sure!