Are you finding it hard to fall asleep like I do? Out of sheer desperation, and thanks to the recommendation of my friend Val. I decided to try a natural supplement to aid in my sleep. GNC Melatonin 1mg (395php / 120 vegetarian lozenges).
I used to have a regular sleep pattern. Wake up at 5, get to bed by 9. However, can we blame the technological advancement and all our gadget stimulation that causes us to find it harder to get to bed? I’ve tried traditional fixes like; not looking at the phone at least 1 hour before going to bed, shutting off all the lights, just closing your eyes and wait til you fall asleep. But noooooooooooo. It takes longer than an hour for my brain to shutdown. I lie down in bed by 9 but my brain is awake til 3am. Is melatonin the answer?
What is Melatonin?
Who Can Take Melatonin?
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders in the blind. Melatonin can help improve these disorders in adults and children.
- Delayed sleep phase (delayed sleep-wake phase sleep disorder). In this disorder your sleep pattern is delayed two hours or more from a conventional sleep pattern, causing you to go to sleep later and wake up later. Research shows that melatonin reduces the length of time needed to fall asleep and advances the start of sleep in young adults and children with this condition. Talk to your child’s doctor before giving melatonin to a child.
- Insomnia. Research suggests that melatonin might provide relief from the inability to fall asleep and stay asleep (insomnia) by slightly improving your total sleep time, sleep quality and how long it takes you to fall asleep.
- Jet lag. Evidence shows that melatonin can modestly improve jet lag symptoms, such as alertness.
- Shift work disorder. Some research suggests that melatonin might improve daytime sleep quality and duration in people whose jobs require them to work outside the traditional morning to evening schedule.
- Sleep-wake cycle disturbances. Melatonin can help treat these disturbances in children with a number of disabilities.
Recent research is also exploring whether melatonin might improve cognitive impairment in people with Alzheimer’s disease and prevent cell damage associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
GNC Melatonin Supplement 1MG Review
Packaging – A sealed plastic bottle with brown label. With clear description of what it is.
Ingredients – 1mg melatonin, sorbitol, monnitol, natural flavor. No sugar. No artificial flavors. No soy. No dairy. No preservatives. Sodium Free. Gluten Free. Yeast Free.
Dosage – It indicates 1 lozenge per serving. You place a lozenge under your tongue to dissolve. A person can take 1-5 lozenges depending on the severity of your sleeping disorder. It is best to consult a doctor prior to taking this.
Taste – CHERRIES! I was expecting it to taste medicinal or bitter. It taste like mild cherry candy and it’s nice and scary at the same time. Keep this away from children they might overdose.
Thoughts – I’m sure you’re asking. Does it work? YES it does. Initially I took 1 tablet around 8pm and wait for it to take effect. My eyes started to droop and my mind wandering 2 hours later which was 10pm. The feeling was, I can sleep when I lie down and close my eyes feeling.
It wasn’t enough for me so recently I’ve been taking 2 tablets in the same time. By 9pm I was drowsy with little control and felt like shutting down everything, lie to bed and fall asleep. PERFECT.
I wake up refreshed and feeling great. Like I had a good full night of sleep. There are days that I don’t take this anymore thankfully. But whenever I feel manic, or my brain is hyperactive I pop in 2 tablets under my tongue and off I go to dreamland.
Will I buy again? Definitely. I’m also glad this is legal :p