You can find it obvious that one of my favorite drugstore brand is Maybelline, their range of affordable mascaras, foundations, and lipsticks are really great. I am not a fan of their blushes though.
Well if you have read my previous post below, I went for a quick trip at Watson’s to grab a cheapo foundation.
|SRP: 199PHP (Refill) 299PHP(with Compact)|
|Comes in 4 Shades: I forgot the names of the other shades and I chose the lightest|
|The puff is quite useful and soft|
I opt to get the refill because it has a sturdy pink plastic case and a sponge, and it’s nice to save some space in my kikay kit since my blushes already have mirrors (and e/s palette too)
So it stated several promises and saying it’s all in one. Is it?
1. Shine Control – Yes yes! It kept my face matte the whole day with minimal retouch
2. High UV Protection – SPF25 is quite food for a pressed powder
3. Instant Fairness – Hmm.. nope, no “instant” fairness effect here
4. Dark Spots Blend Away – It covers redness, but a good concealer is still needed for those spots
5. Long Lasting – Yup! Only had to retouch twice throughout the day, and it remained even without settling into lines
6. Visibly Smooth Complexion – Just like all face powders, this evens out skintone making it appear smoother
7. Conceal Blemishes and Pores – Another nope nope, I have currently have blemishes (super sad 🙁 ) and it didn’t cover very well
8. Tone Perfecting – What amazes me is how this naturally blended with my skintone, most local brands are either too light, too dark, too pink, or too yellow. That’s why I wonder why they make those shades, and I see all those ladies in the LRT with a ghastly complexion with their face color soo different from their arm and neck! LoLz
Here’s a before and after picture, using the powder foundation only no concealer
|Would I buy again? Yes, but for my sister! Hehe.. You know I’m always on the lookout for a new product to try, but this is not too special that I may want to use forever.|