Ladies, when it comes to moisturizing our bodies, it definitely feels better to pamper our skin with body butters than with lotions? How come? Because they’re richer, gives that nice glow that lotions can’t give, and it just feels so much better. It’s literally feels like slathering whipped cream on our body without the sticky feel. Oh and don’t think body butter cannot withstand our heat, it actually absorbs pretty fast and the moisture lasts whole day and whole night. Oh, and it’s so fluffyyyyy we’re gonna die!
But as benefits comes with cost. Body butters are more expensive than our regular body lotions simply because they have purer ingredients. But did you know that we can make our own body butters at the comfort of our homes? 🙂 *wink wink*
Here’s the simplest, easiest way to make our own body butter! It’s so fun to do, it looks good enough to eat @_@
Coconut Oil . Always use a virgin cold-pressed oil, organic is best, to make sure that all the nutrients and beneficial properties are intact. Coconut oil’s antioxidant properties protect the skin from free radical damage and because it’s so full of essential fatty acids, it also helps to build and strengthen skin-cell structures. It’s antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal. It’s easily absorbed by the skin too!
Sweet Almond Oil is an emollient – in that it smooths and softens skin more than hydrates it. It’s full of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant and great skin protector and healer. You’ll love it’s easily absorbed into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. This is what we will also use as a preservative since this is rich in Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a common preservative in most skin care products.
Cocoa Butter Is the butter of choice since it smells like…. Chocolate! Need I say more? Not only that, it goes on smoothly with rich texture.
Fragrance Oil – This one is optional. I prefer my body butter with it’s natural cocoa scent, but if you want something fancier you can add a few drops of fragrance of choice.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it! Please show some love by leaving a comment, sharing this post, or
- In a metal mixer, melt down your hard butters and oils until fully liquid
- In a bowl, blend together the melted butters with all of the oils and set in the freezer to harden, about 20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is solid again, but not too hard, whip it up using an electronic whisk, a food processor with a whisk attachment, a handheld whisk and a bit of elbow grease or your kitchen-aide (lucky!) until you have created fluffy fluffy butter.
- Spoon it into a clean jar or container. It will stay good for a 6 months.
- Slather on and make your skin velvety smooth!
|It’s smells so good it’s tempting to eat! Must… resist!
Where to Buy the Ingredients?
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Supermarket or any drugstore
- Cocoa Butter – Online shops like e-bay
- Sweet Almond Oil – Healthy Options
Hope you love this article! 🙂 Let me know if you made one yourself and what changes you made 🙂 This is just the basic formula but you can customize it to make it your own.