I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
The butt muscles, commonly known as the glutes, are one of the largest muscle groups in the body. According to experts, the glutes aid in all types of movement such as walking, running, and lifting.In women, a good butt enhances your physical appearance.
Moreover, strong glute muscles minimize the risk of injuries and boost athletic performance. On the other hand, weak butt muscles can result in severe pain in your hips, back, and knees.
Here are some of the best exercises for your butt;
This exercise works out your butt while at the same time relieving tension on your lower back. Here’s how to do them:
- Lie on your back with your arms on the sides, knees bent and feet on the ground.
- Lift your hips upwards, then hold for about five seconds before lowering them down.
- Repeat the same while squeezing your glutes and hamstrings. However, be careful not to overstrain your spine.
You can make the exercise more complex by extending one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold to that position for about five seconds. Keep your hips up, return the foot to the ground, then lower your hips. Repeat the exercise for about 35 seconds, then switch sides.
If your fitness levels aren’t yet up to scratch, head over to valkyrie-online and grab yourself supplements or performance enhancement products. They will help you train better and reap the most from your exercise routine.
Here’s how to do these:
- Put a light resistance band around both legs slightly above the knees.
- Lie on one side with your knees bend then stack your hips and feet together.
- While keeping your feet together, exhale and lift your knee. Inhale as you return your knee to the original position. Ensure that your butt is not tucked.
- Do ten reps, then switch sides.
How to do them:
- Lie on the ground with your arms on your sides.
- Slightly lift your feet to bend your knees at 90 degrees.
- Slowly and gently tap your right toes to the ground, then your left.
- Change tapping feet for 60 seconds.
- If you feel any lower back pain, do not bring your toes down.
Here’s how to do them:
- Begin your feet shoulder-width apart and one dumbbell on each arm.
- Squat down as if sitting on an imaginary chair, but do not sit on your heels.
- Squeeze your glute muscles as you return to the original position.
- Do 20 reps.
For a more complex challenge, try it without the weight, jump explosively, and land in the squat position.
How to do them:
- Stand upright with your feet together and your arms on your hips.
- Lunge forward with your left leg.
- Jump up, change legs in midair, and land with the right leg in a forward lunge.
- Repeat the explosive lunges while switching sides.
- While doing this, keep your fists up in front of your chin and push off the floor with both feet. The front knee should be bent at 90 degrees and aligned over your ankle.
Lunges, deadlifts, and squats are some of the best exercises for your glute muscles. Furthermore, butt exercises should target all of the glute muscles, which are the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus. Mixing different activities during training prevents boredom and enables you to work out your butt muscles in different ways.