What? The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Review and Strobing 101
Where to buy? Styleoeli (FB) or Beauty Bar Philippines
How much? 995php
Hooray for Makeup Mondays! Today, I’ll be sharing you this latest makeup trend everyone is going ga-ga about. Strobing. One of my favorite brands in Beauty Bar is The Balm. When I had cystic pimples, their Time Balm worked wonder in concealing it flawlessly. Their Sexy Mama was the perfect pressed powder to keep my then oily face matte and poreless. Finally, they have an excellent highlighter/luminizer aptly named Mary-Lou Manizer *wink*
What is Strobing?
Strobing is a highlighting makeup technique that focuses on putting highlighter on areas on your face that is naturally hit by the sun. It is less invasive than contouring which focuses on shadows. This one plays with light. Compared to contouring, strobing makes anyone who does this makeup technique correctly, look more youthful, vibrant, and radiant! That’s why this is my favorite trick of all time.
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Review/Swatch
I moved to a new home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
It comes neatly packaged in a large round makeup pan which contains A LOT or product. When swatched on fingers, it shows up as microfine gold. Don’t be scared! Once applied on your face, it naturally blends and melts in like magic making your glow look natural.
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer swatched on finger
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer swatched on arm
- To accentuate your forehead and help bring dimension
- To open up the eyes
- To bring out your cheekbones
- To make your nose look straighter
- To make your lip look bigger
- To accentuate your chin
- Oily skin? Set your makeup with a mattifying powder first before applying your highlighter
- The best applicators for strobing are concealer brushes, small buffer brush, and fingers (my fave)
- No budget to buy a separate highlighter? You can also use any pearl white, peach, gold, or pink eyeshadow you already own in your makeup kit.
- Cool Toned (blue veins) use a pinkish highlighter
- Warm Toned (green veins) use a gold highlighter
- Neutral Toned (green/blue) you’re lucky! You can use either of them!
Do let me know if you tried strobing already and what product you used for it! Photos in the comments section would be amaze-balls too!!! ^_^