Visit my other home! For the latest reviews, features, and more. Visit my new Health, Fitness, Beauty, and Lifestyle Blog: The Macho Mom
Let’s talk about fitness.It’s been more than a year since I started working out and I love it! It makes a huge difference on both your physical health and well being. It’s also an instant mood upper. I’ve been hopping thru several gyms already because I have not found “the one” yet. But I would like to share my experience in all of those gyms so it can help my readers decide on where to go. Do take note that this is in chronological order.
- 30 minutes to workout is perfect for those who are always on the go
- Shower rooms are well maintained
- The circuit program is easy to follow and well-explained
- You are given a free introductory class that briefs you on their circuit program and how you can follow it
- 30 minutes to workout is not enough for those who really need to lose fat or gain muscle. It’s just enough to stay, well, fit.
- During peak hours you actually have to wait in line for your turn that it takes more than 30 minutes to train because the rest of the minutes are spent, waiting.
- Very roomy
- A LOT of power cages. No waiting time for your lifts.
- A LOT of free weights and equipment
- Good trainers. I highly recommend Coach Mark Limbaga for no BS training.
- They let you work out in your slippers or barefoot! Hooray!
- They’re open 24 hours 7 days a week. You have no excuse of “no time” to workout.
- They only have 2 branches. Both very hard to come to. One is located at Shaw Blvd. Mandaluyong, the other at Mabini Manila.
- Things can do smell like sweat inside. It’s like mixing bakal gym with a club gym
- It can be hot and humid
- You know it’s a premium gym when you step in one
- Workout clothes and towels are provided. No need to bring your own if you’re not particular with using something used by everyone else
- Free coffee,tea, and bananas
- A lot of group exercises including zumba, yoga, and body jam
- Swimming pool
- Their shower rooms also provide you with soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, foot powder, cotton buds, etc.
- Limited equipment. They only have around 3 olympic sized barbells, one squat rack, and incomplete set of kettlebells
Gold’s Gym – Intercon / Glorietta 3
Rates – Est. 1,150php-2,500php++Pros:
- Know anyone from HP? Ask for their HP Buddy discount and get membership at 1,150 a month
- A lot of branches
- Staff and trainers are NOT helpful and do not know what they are talking about if they are trying to at least answer your questions
- Small and cramped
- Lack of freeweight equipment. You have to wait in line
- The one in intercon has a lot of missing things like pins for the assitance on the pullup bar and they only have 2 olympic sized barbells. One for squats and one for bench press.