Select the Perfect Clothes for Your Body Type
Cheers for another fashion write-up! Hahaha! When it comes to styling one’s self, or suggesting to my sister or mom; I make sure to check if the clothing fits our body type. Trust me, I’m not one to judge if you want to wear anything. But sometimes there are certain pieces that can definitely flatter any figure. How to determine what figure you have? Check-out the image above. Find out if you’re an apple, peach, rectangle, or hourglass. Then check-out my style tips below! Enjoy!
I’m torn if I’m a pear or an hourglass @_@
APPLE SHAPED BODY
- Wear clothes that draw attention away from your mid-section and waist. V-neck empire waist dresses and tops, wrap dresses and A-line dresses will do wonders for you. Choose tops that cover the entire belly area and extend just below your hips.
- Avoid double breasted jackets, bulky tops and clingy silhouettes. Go for layered tops, ruched tops and tunics.
- Avoid skinny jeans and straight leg pants if you are top heavy. Flared or boot cut pants with back pockets are the right choice for you.
- Instead of wearing a belt around the waist, wear it just below your bust. This will create curves and minimize your waist.
PEAR SHAPED BODY
- Highlight your shoulders to balance the shape of your figure. For this you can use scarves, pashminas and colorful necklaces.
- Choose patterned and embellished tops and dresses. Make your shoulders look broader with a bateau neckline, cap and puff sleeves.
- Avoid tight pants, capri pants, short skirts and pencil skirts. Choose tailored, flared pants and A-line skirts instead.
- Wear dark, solid colors for your bottom half and lighter, brightly colored tops.
RECTANGLE SHAPED BODY
- If you don’t have natural curves, you can use clothes and accessories to create them. Wear a belt at the narrowest part of your waist to accentuate it. Choose empire-waist and wrap dresses.
- Wear tops that end at the mid-section of the hips. Enhance your shoulders and bust line with ruffled or pleated tops, and choose accessories that add volume to your upper part.
- Choose underwear that provides good breast support and makes your waist more defined.
- Peplum jackets, tops, dresses and skirts will create the illusion of an hourglass shape.
HOURGLASS FIGURE BODY
- Highlight your curves. For this it’s essential that you choose clothes that draw attention to your waist.
- Avoid baggy clothing. Remember that drawing the focus to your narrow waist is the best way to highlight your hips and bust.
- Wear good fitting undergarments. If your bust is large, be sure to use the right kind of bra. Avoid using padded cups or unstructured bras that make your cleavage look droopy.
- Go for V-neck tops and dresses, pencil skirts and shirts that accentuate your breasts.
I hope you enjoyed this post! LIKE and SHARE to your friends, wall, or anywhere if you find this helpful! Love you!